Orchids By Post, We understand how important your personal data is. We have and always will be committed to protecting your information, and we do this in compliance with both the Data Protection Act and GDPR to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect, how we use your data and why?
1.Name and contact details of you and recipients
- To deliver your gifts for you - we need this information to complete your order.
- To keep in touch - if needs be - with regards to your order, providing you with the best possible service.
- To keep you up to date on new ranges, our latest gifts and discounts - unless of course, you choose not to be included on our mailing lists.
- To detect and prevent any potential fraudulent activity - this is important to us, as we wish to safeguard your data to the highest possible degree.
2. Your payment information
- To take payment or refund you. We can't uphold our contract with you without this information! However, we do not store your card details. If you choose to store your card details on your online Orchids By Post account, or you have a current subscription with us, they will be stored with our secure payment provider under contract with ourselves in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
- To detect and prevent any potential fraudulent activity.
3. Your order history
- To provide you with the best possible customer care and support - our customer support team need this information to help you with any order queries, complaints and thank-yous!
- We also use your order history for our reports to continue to try and provide you with the best products and service.
4. How you use our website
5. Your responses to competitions, promotions and surveys
We need this information to carry out our contract with you! - Without this information you wouldn't be able to enter competitions or receive promotions from us.
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal information, however if you don't you may not be able to complete your purchase with us. This may also impact your overall customer experience. But, this is your choice and we will always respect your decision.
Sharing your information
We value your data and would therefore never sell your data to any third party. This includes all information you provide us with. We simply aim to earn your trust and maintain this throughout our consumer-customer relationship. The staff at Orchids by Post we all understand the importance of trust and privacy.
In the process of fulfilling your order or marketing requests we do pass your data onto the following parties:
- Delivery companies include, DPD and DPD Local.
- Our marketing distribution companies.
Our website financial transactions are handled through our payment services providers, SagePay and PayPal.you are in CONTROL You should only provide your personal information to our payment service providers after reviewing their privacy policies, which you can find here
We will share information with our payment service providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website.
6. OTHER WAYS WE use your personal data
(a) administer the website;
(b) improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
(c) enable your use of the services available on the website;
(d) send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
(e) send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
(f) send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
(g) send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
(h) send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
(i) provide third parties with statistical information about our users - but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
(j) deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
6. Policy amendments
7. Your rights
We believe that it is of great importance that you are aware of your rights and have the amenities by which to exercise them.
- The right to access your personal data held by us.
- The right to be informed about how we use your personal data.
- The right to request any incorrect data to be rectified - this can be done via your online account or alternatively by contacting our customer support team.
- The right to request that we cease processing your data.
- The right to request that we anonymise your data.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages - this can be done via your online account, by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of any marketing email or alternatively by contacting our customer support team.
- The right to request your data to be transferred to either yourself or another service provider.
- The right to withdraw consent.
- The right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Regulator - in the UK this is the Information Commissioner's Office. Details of how to contact them can be found at ICO.org.uk
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, or have any questions, our Data Protection officer will be more than happy to help. Please send any queries or requests or to completly remove you personal data to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can ask to speak to our data protection officer on 020 3393 8504 for complete total data deletion we will need you to prove that you are indeed the one that has the request and will ask you of proof of identity to avoid fraudlent requests.
Updates to this notice
This information is subject to change as we often review how we process your data.
If there are any significant alterations made, we will contact you via email or post.
This notice was last updated on the 14.06.2018
8. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated. If you wish to unsubscribe from our emails please click on the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of every email we send.
You can also stop marketing materials being sent at any time via your online Orchids by Post account under 'edit your details'. Once you have unsubscribed, this will be actioned within imediatley unless there is still outsanding orders in your account and we still ned to send you info update about your order.